Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Planning Applications

Two of interest going through at the moment - the revised meeting hall bid for land behind the police station on Wendene and the revised plans for a storage facility backing into Thurlow and Atkinson Closes.

Without sounding too "Green" I am opposing both of these (still). The meeting hall concerned me about the amount of traffic it would generate. The new plans state that the hall would only be used on a Sunday - so would the building become a magnet for anti-social behaviour the rest of the week? I also think that the storage facility is still too close to houses and would intrude on gardens, but they have taken on board planning advice and I am informed that they have done enough to satisfy my original concerns.

If you have any queries, please get in touch or view the detailed plans at the City Council website.

No comments: