Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Beckett, Howard and Pritchard

Margaret Beckett is the most useless Foreign Secretary since the last Labour Foreign Secretary. Her warm-ish words about Iraq, splashed over today's Times, will win her no friends on either side of the fence.

Michael Howard is a good witness to call on the Cash for Peerages enquiries. How long now before PC Plum goes knock, knock, knocking on Tony's door? I'll bet if we find the PM guilty ... it'll be after he leaves office anyway. Good on Howard for being so honest about the whole thing.

Ros Pritchard is the BBC's new political drama where a housewife and supermarket manager becomes PM via starting her own Purple Alliance Party - fighting off toffish Tories and useless Blairites. It is political insanity but I'd forgive that if the script or acting was any good. But as neither are, I'm going to have to say that this is utter crap and once again my license fee is wasted. I'm watching Torchwood tonight on BBC3 so that had better cheer me up. The only good thing about Amazing Mrs Pritchard is it may go some small way to convincing people that politics isn't rocket science, but it isn't easy either.

No comments: