Sunday, April 18, 2010

Revolution on the Streets!

Take a look at this very funny film on Telegraph TV of a student apparently burning a Tory leaflets after listening to a Nick Clegg speech. 2 things spring to mind.

Firstly they seem totally incapable of actually burning the leaflet. When the video starts it looks like they've had several goes already and failed! They then fail to set it alight for the camera and their revolutionary moment ends with one of the students weakly tearing up the semi-chargrilled leaflet and stamping on it. It's hardly a Vietnam-style protest effort and the pair of them look ridiculous by the end!

And secondly, what on earth could Nick Clegg have possibly have said to prompt this sort of action? Are LibDems now in favour of revolutionary Tory leaflet street burning efforts? (Don't worry, Tory-leaflet burning students everywhere, under LibDem plans you won't be sent to jail for your insurgency!)

Now this is the real advantage of hand held cameras - we all get to share in these wonderful moments!

3 comments:

Red Star said...

I detect a hint of sarcasm in your post.

I can remember back in the 1990s some Conservative Party memebers were filmed tearing up the Maastricht Treaty document.

I personally don't care if some drama student burns a Conservative leaflet. I would rather he recycle it - as I do whenever one comes through my door.

Anonymous said...

You need to spend less time slagging off the Lib Dems and focus more on being a good MP. I wouldn't want to vote for you if I lived in Norwich. I don't vote for people who are rude.

Anonymous said...

Good to see a LibDem supporter on the
online newspaper looking like a fool.
How Clegg could have inspired this only god knows.
my gut tells me they were doing it so everyone they will think it's cool.
And to add insult to injury that hat
stinks of bad fashion sense.
i would have atleast made some effort
and made myself presentable for my
nonsensical revolution.