Thursday, March 25, 2010

Ask the Climate Questions

Tonight, despite my raging hayfever, was spent in the company of the RSPB at a public meeting about Climate Change, although it soon widened out to other issues too. It was, I think, the first time that Charles Clarke, Adrian Ramsay, Simon Wright and I have shared a platform and is the first of a number of pressure group meetings due to take place.

I thought the topic may lead to some lively debate but there was plenty of consensus on the panel and the audience were clearly converts to the cause. There were a number of people there - maybe 50 - but many were Green members and I doubt if anything of what was said really changed any minds. The questions were varied and detailed though.

However the quiet and thoughful questions and answers would certainly confound those who believe politics is yah-boo and punch'n'judy.

Thank you to those who organised and attended.

No comments: