Saturday, January 21, 2006

Another political day

A bizarre day all round really.

Firstly I receive a consumer questionnaire about the treatment I received whilst in an ambulance and A&E (following a nasty foot and tree-root related accident). The NHS is not a profit company and whilst I appreciate that they appreciate my views why should taxpayers (yes, Ms Hewitt, taxpayers) money be spent on this? To prove government targets perchance? Why isn’t the cost of the lovely glossy letter, survey and reply-paid envelope going into actual front line care?

Then Mark Oaten quits as LibDem Home Affairs Spokesman for “personal errors” without saying what they are. Hmmm…

UPDATE: Sky News reports it has something to do with a rent boy.

UPDATED UPDATE: Mark Oaten has confirmed he has had affairs with a 23-year-old rent boy in 2004 and 2005, which included 3 in a bed sex. Source: Sky News Website

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you tell us more about the foot and tree root incident? Was it all a cunning ploy to avoid another Jolly school trip?

Anonymous said...

Sweet. Now I have an excuse to mention rent boys in my Speech.

Antony said...

Is that you, Cubitt?!?

Anonymous said...

I doubt Cherie Blair uses rent boys.