Sunday, March 14, 2004

It's been a whirlwind couple of days! School on Friday was a bit of a haze - one child said to me that it was irrespective who won Norwich South because the MP would still be a fat, jug eared fool. I don't know if Charlie Clarke or I should be more offended! Just walked around with a big grin on my face. My colleagues were so supportive, as were the vast majority of the pupils who got to know. My happiness even spilt over into class - kids didn't know what was wrong with me, smiling and singing! Funny thing schools, everybody thinks that teachers cannot be Tories but you'd be surprised at the number of staff who whispered to me that they vote Conservative! It's like being in a top secret club or something!

Friday night Louise and I went for a celebration meal at the Adam & Eve on Bishopgate - highly recommended for those who live locally!

Saturday was my first campaign meeting. Knocked off all the press releases - gave interviews to the Evening News and Radio Norfolk. Even did the nationals - it took so long in the office because I had so many calls and e-mails from people congratulating me and offering to help. I cannot remember the last time that a Conservative campaign felt like this - felt like we can win!

All those I wanted on my campaign team have agreed (excellent news). We're on a roll...

No comments: