Tuesday, December 23, 2008

GTC Update: the lights are on but nobody's home...

Following my post below about the GTC, I set about as this mornings task to settle the dispute regarding my lack of membership and thus my illegal teaching in England (well, I wouldn't want to waste any more time marking and lesson planning if I am about to be sacked).

However on calling the GTC I was told by by an autumatic machine that their office hours are Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 6.30pm and Fridays 8.30am to 5pm. Said machine then put the phone down on me with a characteristically rude click.

Hang on, hang on. A few checks here.

It's between Monday and Friday - check.

It's between 8.30am and 6.30pm - check.

It's not a bank holiday - check.

So where are you GTC? I guarantee you the Education Department in Norfolk County Council are working (I phoned to check) as are the Advisory Service in the PDC (ditto checked). So where is our alleged professional body for teachers?

The message didn't even tell me when the GTC would be open for business again; and the letter tells me I must have this sorted by 16th January. I tell you, the stress may well get to me.

No comments: