Wednesday, August 20, 2008

My 1,000th Post

According to the level little thing of the Blogger Dashboard this is my 1,000th blog post; quite an achievement really when you consider how many blogs, and how many really good blogs, lay dormant.

I started this blog back in 2004 - and in the years since then I have has 2 children, been selected as a PPC twice, fought a general election, lost out for a council seat by 14 votes, seen my year group achieve outstanding exam results, been elected to Norwich City Council as the first Conservative from Norwich South for a generation, moved house & made some fantastic friends along the way.

My first post on ths blog read:
This is the first posting on my new weblog (or Blog!) The aim is to keep you up to date with what I've been up to in my campaign in Bowthorpe, the world of education and my views on political issues, both Norwich related and national. Do feel free to post your own comments at any time!

Hardly taxing aspirations but the fact that 4 years on I am still doing it does make me feel good; and hopefully my work has been appreciated. And a big thank you to everyone who has commented on stories. One blog post on the failures of educational inclusion still gets the odd comment now despite being years old; its that kind of thing that keeps us "blogging minnows" going!

No comments: