Saturday, August 28, 2004

I am officially taking the weekend off from blogging because we have old university friends up to stay, but I could not let this new policy from the LibDems go past without comment. I just don't have time to go into what's wrong with their proposals to raise the crime age and get education and social services to deal with the vast majority of youth offenders under the age of 14 - but I would love to be a fly on the wall of the LEA and social services offices when that one lands on their desk! And the LibDems have the cheek to wonder why people think they are soft on crime. In the week that the Conservatives announced a return to a "respect culture" and a severe clampdown on anti-social behaviour (including fly tipping, grafitti and littering), people can really see the difference between the two parties. I have really focused on crime and anti-social behaviour since being selected for Norwich South - and one notable local Lib Dem this week accussed me of scare mongering. I think the only thing we need be scared about is a Lib Dem MP in this area and their so-called "law and order" policies.

No comments: