Thursday, October 12, 2006

Giving Westminster government a bad name

Sion Simon is a former Telegraph hack, uber-Blairite and now Labour MP for a Birmingham Constituency. Yet despite holding these responsible positions, Mr Simon has appeared dressed in a T-Shirt and baseball cap declaring his name is "Dave" (Cameron) and asking voters to sleep with his wife, live in his house and take his children.

This is a disgraceful nasty personal attack from one of the House of Commons biggest hypocrites. Having been shown up to being such a nasty piece of work, you might have thought that he'd apologise - but no. Mr Simon may have given a boost to Mr Cameron's real website, but has once again lowered the extremely low name of MPs. This particular attack - on Cameron's family integrity and particularly that of his wife - was one of the nastiest things I have ever seen in politics.

Given his inability to see why this is so wrong, why isn't Labour taking action against this vile little man?

Guido has the video here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

All publicity is good. It sounds like satire gone wrong

Antony said...

No, he's a prat and has just blown his chances of being a minister in Brown's government. Apparently he is now hated in Westminster.

Anonymous said...

When I saw the video for the first time, I admitted I laughed.
I don't think the aim of Simon was to be nasty*, but to make fun of Cameron.
Many said it was pathetic, but I think it was meant to show how Cameron's original webcasts can be pretty pathetic too


* I suppose it depends on the point of views..I found some parts tasteless, but not very nasty. On the other hand I found Osborne supposed jokes about Brown nasty, whilst Tory commentators found them funny.