Friday, September 01, 2006

Top 5 Conservative Bloggers

THe forefather of Conservative blogs, Cllr Iain Lindley, has put me in his top 5 blogs here.

This all comes from Iain Dale's efforts to list the 100 best Tory bloggers in time for the Party Conference in October.

I won't be too obvious, in saying ConservativeHome, Dale himself or Cllr Lindley - but here are 5 that I read that are less "discovered".

In no particular order, firstly is James Cleverley, who recently made a brief run to be Tory Mayoral Candidate in the capital. He comes from Lewisham and is now on the A-List.

Then there is Gavin Ayling, self styled English rationalist and liberal conservative. He is also the unopposed district councillor for Buckingham on Adur Council. His blog is thought provoking and often very funny.

I was very pleased that former Tory Councillor Kevin Davis didn't stop blogging after he lost his seat (by 6 votes) last May. He was an excellent PPC for Kingston and I hope he goes for it again!

Also Stuart Penketh is one of my favourite posters on PoliticalBetting and has a blog of his own. Great read especially about the excesses of Labour in Bury!

And finally I have really enjoyed reading the thoughts of CF Chair candidate Mark Clarke - honest to say the least. Even though I didn't get a ballot paper (for reasons best left to CCHQ), I'd have voted for Mark if I had of done.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the kind comments.

We will see about Kingston and Surbiton next time, ruling nothing out.

Have to say the COnservatives really do lead the blogging field, but I am not really sure why that is.

Unknown said...

Cheers for the link,

Anonymous said...

What a load of self congratulatory rubbish.

Antony said...

People who put real efforts into blogs do deserve to be congratulated. Unlike idiots who post annon. comments.