Sunday, August 27, 2006

Welcome home, Councillor

After a refreshing family holiday in Bournemouth (and, to be fair, most of Dorset was visited) it was lovely to come home to a letter from my favourite Bowthorpe nutter. Addressing the envelope as "Con Party" bu always making reference to me by name inside, this gentleman is one of the foremost thinkers of our age.

In the leaflet I talked about waste management, cleaning up parks, anti social behaviour and housing.

His comment: "The people around here don't care about those things, they care about the damage that Thatcher's lot did to Britain. Why don't you talk about that?"

Brilliant! This is the annonymous gentleman's TENTH letter to me of such a vein. I look forward to the eleventh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why don't you respond to his very valid point rather than dismissing him as a 'nutter'?

Antony said...

I am a Councillor and will deal with issues that my Council position can influence - e.g. housing, parks, ASB etc.

This man wants to harrang me regarding Thatcher's economic policies of which I have no control.

Geddit?