Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Yesterday’s canvassing went really well – but surprised how long it took because people wanted to talk. Got more poster sites along the Newmarket Road and the whole team seemed to really enjoy it. I have to say that there is a great feeling to the whole campaign, which is surprising because there is normally a lull during the other parties conferences. The advantage to me in an area like that is people are watching the LibDem conference, not liking their policies and switching back to the Tories!

Apparently (!) “The Sun” even had a few choice things to say about the LibDems yesterday – I haven’t seen an attack on a Leader like that since Kinnock. Kennedy claims he’s pleased with the coverage – I’ll bet my hat he’s seething!

Great result last night – our first win of the season!

No comments: